Keeping up with your oral health and getting dental cleanings frequently can help prevent cavities and further complications like gingivitis. Gingivitis can lead to a bacterial infection that can lead to decay and tooth loss.
Problems of oral health among Seniors
- Untreated Tooth Decay
- Gum Disease
- Tooth Loss
- Oral Cancer
- Chronic disease
- Drink fluoridated water and brush your teeth with Floride toothpaste
- Floss before brushing your teeth
- Practice Brushing your teeth after meals
- Frequently dental visits
- Do not use Tabacco. Quit Smoking.
- Limit alcoholic drinks
- Maintain control of chronic diseases like Diabetes, which can lead to other complications like gum disease.
- Keep track of medication side effects. Some side effects like dry mouth can cause cavities. If dry mouth can not be avoided. Drink lots of water, chew sugarless gum, and avoid tobacco and alcohol products.
- If you experience any changes in oral health, like dry mouth, toothache, smelly breath, sensitivity in teeth consult your doctor or dentist
For more information about oral health please consult one of our many providers with Clinica Medica Familiar.
In order to help stop the spread, of COVID, Clinica Medica Familiar is NOW offering Telemedicine (Telehealth/video call) in all of our Medical Offices (Riverside, Corona, Perris, Moreno Valley, Lake Elsinore, Montclair, Temecula and, Indio) via Telemedicine/telehealth or a face to face visit.
Please call us at 855-505-7467 to explain more details of this awesome service we are providing.
You can also learn more about Telemedicine by clicking here https://www.clinicamedicafamiliardrrios.com/blog/benefits-from-using-telemedicine
Or schedule your appointment here https://www.clinicamedicafamiliardrrios.com/schedule