Falling can be dangerous because it can lead to broken bones, concussions, and even complications in health. Unfortunately, seniors suffer from balancing issues and are the number one reason why we see an increase in falls among seniors.
- Proper seating area
- Avoid standing up quickly (Standing up too quickly will cause blood pressure to go up and cause dizziness)
- Use assisted devices such as a cane and/or walker
- Using handrails when walking up or down the stairs
- Use a slip-resistant shower tub when showering
- Stay Active
- Get enough sleep
- Regular check-ups for vision and hearing loss
- Monitor side effects of medication and let your doctor know if you experience dizziness or sleepiness
- Wear appropriate shoes and avoid walking in socks
- Carry a mobile phone or special necklace that calls for help
What should you do if you fall?
- Stay calm
- Call for help, ask someone for help or call 911
- If you are unable to stand up on your own, call an ambulance
- Let your doctor know if you fall
In order to help stop the spread, of COVID, Clinica Medica Familiar is NOW offering Telemedicine (Telehealth/video call) in all of our Medical Offices (Riverside, Corona, Perris, Moreno Valley, Lake Elsinore, Montclair, Temecula, and Indio) via Telemedicine/telehealth or a face to face visit.
Please call us at 855-505-7467 to explain more details of this awesome service we are providing.
You can also learn more about Telemedicine by clicking here https://www.clinicamedicafamiliardrrios.com/blog/benefits-from-using-telemedicine
Or schedule your appointment here https://www.clinicamedicafamiliardrrios.com/schedule