Here are a couple of reasons why annual physical exams are important, these visits also help you track your progress toward your health goals. There are several components to a physical examination.
- A physical exam can help you and your child's doctor detect and diagnose possible health conditions or see how well you or your child is coping with existing health probelms(Hypertension, Diabetes, Heart Problems, Thyroid, Anemia, Kidney and Liver problems, Etc).
- Each component provides your doctor with information about your overall health and can help to detect common diseases in their early stages.
What occurs during a Physical Exam?
- Vital Signs:
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate
- Respiratory rate
- Possible pain assesment
- Physical Assesment:
- The physical assessment is the part of your annual exam where your doctor will physically examine you to ensure you are in good health.
- During a full physical exam, your doctor will likely listen to your lungs and heart, look in your eyes, ears, and nose, and visually inspect your general appearance.
- If you have specific symptoms or concerns, the doctor may adjust the physical check up to address the areas of concern.
- Medical History:
- The doctor will begin by asking if you have any concerns or health issues.
- They will then address your lifestyle behaviors such as diet, exercise, tobacco and alcohol use, and sexual health.
- The doctor will also check your vaccination records and update your personal and family medical history for future reference.
- Our Medical Offices (Riverside, Corona, Perris, Moreno Valley, Lake Elsinore, and Montclair) can provide annual physicals for children, adults, and seniors NOW via Telemedicine/telehealth or in a face to face visit.
In order to help stop the spread Clinica Medica Familiar is NOW offering Telemedicine(Telehealth/video call). Please call us at 855-505-7467 to explain more details of this awesome service we are now providing.
You can also learn more about Telemedicine by clicking here https://www.clinicamedicafamiliardrrios.com/blog/benefits-from-using-telemedicine